You eat with your eyes first. Definitely, the taste is crucial, but you won’t disagree that if the presentation of the food is not appealing much, we don’t feel the urge to eat. And, the cheese is one of those ingredients that does a wonderful job. Thus, having the best cheese slicer in your kitchen is not a big deal if you know how to use it to cut cheese for different dishes.
So, if you are also a home cook like me yet want to know how to cut cheese like professional chefs, then keep your eyes glued on this piece of writing because I am going to tell you some easy and simple techniques that you can apply to slice cheese using a knife or cheese slicer.
- 1 How to Slice Cheese
- 1.1 Gather the Things Needed to Cut the Cheese
- 1.2 Ways to Cut Hard Cheeses
- 1.3 Ways to Cut Medium-hard to Medium-soft Cheeses
- 1.4 Ways to Slice Blue Cheese Wedges
- 1.5 Ways to Cut Semi-soft or Soft Cheeses
- 1.6 Ways to Cut Crumbly Cheese
- 1.7 Ways to Cut Thin Slices of Cheese
- 1.8 Ways to Chop or Cut Cube Cheese
- 2 Time for Plating
- 3 Tips to Follow While Cutting Cheese
- 4 Know More about Cheese Slicer
- 5 Final thought
How to Slice Cheese
Actually, cutting cheese is not a difficult task. Let me give you an example of a simple French toast! It’s an easy dish to prepare, which can have aesthetic enjoyment with a slice of cheese and ham on top of the plain bread. But, when you are planning for parties, ensuring the consistent slice of cheese is really hectic. Isn’t it?
However, I think the best way to slice cheese depends on the type of cheese you pick. Here, I will discuss the ways to cut wedges to block cheese. But, let’s start with the things you would need to cut cheese first!
Tips to Follow While Cutting Cheese
When I was an amateur, I made several mistakes while dealing with cheese. Thus, I would like to take the time to give you some tips so that you don’t repeat them as I did.
- Cut cheese as you serve the dish
- Whether you take a cheese knife or slicer, it’s recommended not to saw.
- While cutting cheese, move the knife back and forth. The cheese won’t get stuck
- Always keep your cutter or slicer clean and dry every time you use to avoid rust, bluntness, and corrosion
Know More about Cheese Slicer
Now you know the easiest way to slice cheeses. We hope you already have the best cheese slicer, or you have just bought a new one.
But if you haven’t bought it yet and want to compare the quality and price of some top products in the market, you can check the top 3 items below.
So, how were the top three collections? Did you find yours? If yes, then congratulations! But, if not, then you have an option to compare more products before making the final decision.
You can check out our top ten best cheese slicer review with a handy comparison table.
From savory to sweet, you can always make a great dish when there is cheese. Henceforth, I find slicing the right portion of cheese as one of the most significant parts of cooking. Whether you are a professional or an amateur cook, you will always get a hint on how to cut the cheese by its shape.
So, no matter whether it’s blocks, cubes, or crumble, cheese is delicious in all ways!! Just follow the techniques and tips, as I discussed to get the perfect cheese slice.